Brendan J. King is a founding partner at Estate Preservation Law Offices. Brendan has earned a reputation for his expertise integrating asset protection and wealth preservation with estate planning. He has extensive experience in the complexities of estate planning and probate matters, and in managing the administration of trusts and estates. Additionally, his Master of Laws in Taxation uniquely positions him to understand and respond to tax consequences fundamental to estate planning. Brendan’s industry knowledge is broad, encompassing estate planning, asset protection, tax planning, business and succession planning, trust and estate administration, elder and disability law and financial aid planning. Prior to establishing the firm, he was a partner at the Worcester law firm of Fusaro, Altomare & Ermilio where he established and chaired its Estate, Trust and Tax Department.
Brendan has long been involved in community outreach. He is a former board member of Forward in Health and travelled with that organization on a medical mission to Haiti. He has served the Worcester Art Museum as a trustee, corporator, and president of its Members Council. He served on the Worcester State Foundation as vice-chair of the Planned Giving Committee, and on the Becker College Board of Trustees. He is a lifetime member of the National Eagle Scouts Association and serves on the Board of Directors for the National Education for Assistance Dog Services (NEADS).
Brendan is a presenter at numerous community and professional seminars on a variety of topics. He was a co-host on Money Matters Radio for several years and has been a guest on local radio and cable TV shows.
Brendan has been recognized three times as a Massachusetts Rising Star by Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters Service. He is a past recipient of Worcester Business Journal’s Forty under 40 award.
College of the Holy Cross – Bachelor’s Degree
Suffolk University Law School – Juris Doctor Degree
Boston University School of Law – Master of Laws in Taxation
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association – Asset Protection Subcommittee
Massachusetts Bar Association – Tax Subcommittee and Probate Section Council
- Worcester County Bar Association – Co-Chair of the Tax, Trusts and Estate Section
- Worcester Estate & Business Planning Council – Member and Past President
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) – Massachusetts and New Hampshire Chapters
- Worcester Economic Club
- Montachusett Estate and Retirement Planning Council – Member and Past President
- New Hampshire Estate Planning Council
- Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) – Faculty Member
- National Education for Assistance Dog Services (NEADS) Advisory Council
- Vuona Charitable Foundation – former Board Member
- Mohegan Council Boy Scouts of America – former Board Member
- Worcester State Foundation – former Board Member and chair of the Planned Giving Committee
- Becker College – former Board Member
- Worcester Art Museum – former Board Member and President of the Members Council.
Admitted to Practice
In the News
- March 26, 2017 – Estate Planning When There is a Special Needs Individual in Your Care
- March 29, 2016 – Autism Awareness Month: Focus on Special Needs Planning
- October 18, 2016 – Special Needs Trust: How it Will Help Parents
- One on One: Brendan J. King| founding partner at Estate Preservation Law Office